Today we want to share this article that the CBCNews has just published... More and more studies shows the same conclusion, we shouldn't spend our days sitting at the office, sitting at home... so why don't we do something to change this situation?
Some of the conclusion of the article are:
- "Sedentary behaviour, such as sitting, is problematic and costly," the study's authors concluded. "A sedentary lifestyle has long been associated with premature mortality; recently this relationship was shown to be independent of moderate-to-vigorous activity."
-The odds of disability were 1.52 times greater for every one hour increase in sedentary time, independent of time spent in moderate-vigorous activity, the researchers found.
Maybe it's time to make some changes in our way of life. The article also give us some suggestions:
- Stand up when you talk on the phone or during a work meeting.
- When you go to grocery store or mall, park in a space farthest away.
- When you get up to have glass of water, walk around the house or office.
- Walk for short errands instead of taking the car.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator, if you are able.
No matter how old you are, try to keep an active life, eat properly, spend less time sitting and make some exercise daily. Your body will appreciate and you'll live better and longer.
Have a fantastic day,
Your Sit Stand Office team